I can barely think about anything except him. I know I deserve better, and that I shouldn’t stick around, but I want to be with him more than anything. I want to feel his lips on mine, his fingers locked with mine, my fingers running through his hair, his arms around me. I want to be with him.
I don’t understand what the fuck the problem is.
Don’t FUCKING tell me that you like me and that I’m awesome and then flirt and send cute FUCKING pictures to my best friend when I could clearly appreciate them more.
I’m so fucking tired of being used for my body. FUCK THIS FUCKING SHIT.
Why can’t people understand that there could be literally nothing wrong with my life and I would still be depressed, because it’s a chemical malfunction in my brain, not a result of my immediate surroundings and the situations I find myself in?
Also, “finding God” will not be the cure-all for my depression, anxiety, eating disorder, and bipolar disorder.
FUCKING THIS. My mom cannot grasp this concept.
so fucking happy.
Like, way to surpass all of my expectations Sam.
1. There will be several days that you daydream about stepping in front of a city bus. Don’t. It will not be beautiful. It will not be brave. It will be selfish. It will be broken. Your mother will cry.
2. Don’t write for him. Write for you. Write for others like you. Write so the girl that thinks about stepping in front of public transportation doesn’t. Don’t be selfish.
3. When you will yourself to sleep and it doesn’t come- get up. It doesn’t matter that it’s 3 am. There will be other 3 am’s. Take a shower. Take two. Wash him out of your hair. Write a poem. Read the same book you’ve read 202 times again. The 203rd time might tell you something different. Don’t stay in bed- you will think about the bus again.
4. Don’t kiss him because he’s broken. Don’t kiss him because his laughter never reaches his eyes. Don’t try and fix him. Fix yourself first. Be selfish. He can’t save you.
5. Date yourself. Take yourself out to eat. Don’t share your popcorn at the movies with anyone. Stroll around an art museum alone. Fall in love with canvases. Fall in love with yourself.
6. Dress up and wear red lipstick and get drunk with your friends. They’re the ones that will pick you up. Don’t kiss him. Or him. Don’t fall asleep on strange couches with strange boys. When his hand slides up your dress walk away. Hit him. Don’t kiss him. He can’t save you.
7. Get another tattoo. Get five more. Get another hole in your ear. Don’t listen to your dad. You will still be able to get a job. Did you really want to be employed by someone like your father? Haven’t you had enough of judgmental old white men anyway? Get fuck you tattooed in tiny letters on your hip.
8. When you feel the yearning for a new city- start over. Take 200 bucks and a three suitcases. Work anywhere that will have you. Meet strange people and forget your name. Call yourself Ruby. No one will know the difference. Remember to call your mother. Don’t be selfish. Come home when you find yourself in the strangers and the small one bedroom apartment.
9. Don’t whisper evil things into your own ear. Other people are going to shout them at you. Be your own hero. Keep a sword on your key ring.
10. Don’t step in front of a city bus. It will not be beautiful. Live. Stay up all night with a boy that promises you everything and means it. Live. See shitty local bands with a friend. Wear a different band’s t-shirt. No one will care. Live. Have a baby girl with tiny fingers and tiny toes someday. Pour love into her until it’s overflowing. Live. Wake up. Staying in bed all day is not poetic.
Do you hear that? It’s me. It’s your life. Wake up.
I can’t believe this nearly has 200,000 notes, I remember when I posted this. It just comes to show how many people agree…
^almost 300,000 omg
i’ve reblogged this at least 10 times
Omg love this so much, and agree 10000%
Can’t anyone embrace all types of bodies without slamming the other type?
This sign reminds me a lot of rape culture. Nope, you can’t show that, it makes people think things. Excuse me, no; I’m pretty sure that if someone can’t tell you not to wear a low cut shirt to a bar because the men might get you, then that should consequently mean that some girl should be able to strut her bony ass on a runway and not get harassed because she’s an “unrealistic example to women” or some shit.
It’s okay to be curvy. Plump. Round. But it’s also okay to be thin. Small. Petite. Everything is okay. How you look is nobody’s business but yours.
Stop projecting your fear on some “ideal body type” and start loving yourself.
While I completely agree with what you’re saying Emma, I interpreted this picture a different way. It is very well-known that the fashion industry has a history for influencing girls to diet and develop eating disorders. It’s not necessarily shaming those girls that are naturally skinny and thin, but saying that they don’t condone the extreme dieting that many companies encourage and sometimes even require from models.
Take for instance America’s Next Top Model, they show girls of all sizes, including the ones that are gawky and skinny and thin (the typical model that you see in ads and on the runway now). However, they make sure that if the girls have a problem with an eating disorder it gets addressed because they don’t want their viewers to see that and believe that it’s the norm.
I just think that this is the company’s way of holding the girls accoumtable for their own health.